20 WAYS TO CELEBRATE
Celebrating National Dog Day can be as easy as giving your four-legged friend a big hug and kiss (if they like that sort of affection)! But for those who want to take their love and appreciation to another level, we have a list of twenty different ways for you to celebrate!
CLICK THROUGH PHOTOS
For our list of 20 ways to celebrate National Dog Day
1. Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
2. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it's safe for your dog and others.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that sells puppies.
5. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills and Gas Chambers in your state.
6. Send a dog related gift to a friend or family member!
7. Have a National Dog Day party and invite all your friends and their dogs!
8. Spend the day taking photos of your dog and then enter our photo contest!
9. Buy an official National Dog Day Tee here and sport it proudly!
10. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
11. Have a portrait painted of your dog to suspend the fleeting magic of dogdom.
12. Buy your dog a fun new dog toy....or two...or five.
13. Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a doggy play resort.
14. Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
15. Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
16. Teach your dog a new trick.
17. Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
18. Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
19. Take your dog to the beach.
20. Say "BECAUSE DOGS" all day, every time someone says hello!